Help with data allowances during remote learning
8 January 2021
Increasing data allowances on mobile devices to support disadvantaged children
Schools, trusts and local authorities can now request mobile data increases for children and young people who:
- do not have fixed broadband at home
- cannot afford additional data for their devices
- are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education
Children with access to a mobile phone on one of the following networks might be able to benefit:
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
Other providers may join the scheme at a later stage.
How to request a mobile data increase
Contact the school office. For each request, we need to know:
- the name of the account holder
- the number of the mobile device
- the mobile network of that device (for example Three)
Schools are then asked to submit requests on your behalf. Each provider will vary in how quickly they process requests. We can't guarantee all requests will be granted.
Once a network provider has processed a data increase, they’ll send a text message to the account holder.