School Uniform & PE Kit
School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school and sets an appropriate tone. It instils pride, supports positive behaviour and discipline and encourages identity with the school. Uniform can also be useful to protect children from social pressures to dress in a particular way.
Longbenton High School has some simple conduct expectations on personal presentation. All students are expected to follow these expectations consistently and without question when on the school site:
- The school blazer is to be worn at all times unless otherwise directed by the Year Leader during the Summer Term. Students may ask to take their blazer off if they are hot in lessons, but they must leave lessons with their blazer on.
- Shirt tucked in at all times.
- We encourage wearing suitable coats during cold periods. Coats do not need to be worn in the school building so should be taken off as soon as entering the building.
- A suitable school bag large enough to carry exercise books and equipment.
It is school policy that all students must wear school uniform in Years 7 to 11. Please ensure you follow the school uniform guidelines below:
School Blazer with Badge School Blazer with Badge
(Optional - Plain black V neck jumper) (Optional - Plain black V neck jumper)
Plain white shirt with collar Plain white shirt with collar
Black trousers Black trousers or black skirt
Black or white socks Black or white socks or black tights
Black shoes not trainers Black flat-heeled shoes not trainers
Striped clip on tie, colour of your choice Striped clip on tie, colour of your choice
We do not allow:
- Black jeans or combat trousers
- Polo neck shirts, tee-shirts and shirts with a sports type collar (Shirts must be able to accept a tie)
- Any colour, other than white, for shirts
- Grey trousers
- Brown or any other coloured shoes
- Black shoes with obvious coloured or white markings, soles or logos on them
- Boots (higher than the normal shoe)
- Baseball caps
- Denim, corduroy, brushed cotton or other standard materials for skirts and trousers
- Jewellery, which includes more than one pair of stud earrings, finger rings, bracelets and necklaces, are not to be worn in Years 7, 8 and 9
- Any piercings other than one pair of stud earrings (including expanders)
- Students in year 7, 8 and 9 should not wear make up
- Long Acrylic painted nails (in the interest of safety and hygiene)
- Extreme hair styles – e.g. hair which is cut particularly short or dyed an unnatural colour.
A watch may be worn but the school will not take any responsibility for the safety of any watches that are worn.
The following Sports and Physical Education Kit is required.
Compulsory items to be purchased:
Black and blue polo shirt with school badge
Black and blue shorts
Football boots (recommended)
Black and blue polo shirt with school badge
Black and blue tracksuit bottoms or running leggings
Optional items available to purchase:
Black and blue hooded top with school badge
Black and blue splash top
Black baselayer top
Black and blue socks
Any tracksuits worn must be black.
Extremes of fashion relating to any item of clothing, hairstyle or appearance will not be permitted
- Hair colouring is only allowed if it appears natural
- No patterns or tramlines should be shaved into the hair or eyebrows
- Hair should not be shaved below a grade 1
- No undercuts
- Any facial piercings to be removed before coming to school
Senior staff will be the sole arbiters of any decisions made.
Students without correct uniform will be lent the required items by the school. They are expected to comply with this and return the items at the end of the school day. Students refusing to borrow the required clothing may not be permitted in lessons and parents will be contacted. In exceptional circumstances, with written communication from home, a student may be permitted to attend lessons with the agreement of their Year Leader, and on the understanding that uniform will be corrected within a set timeframe.
Uniform will be constantly monitored; any additions to unacceptable wear/fashion trends will be updated on the school website.
Blazers and ties should be purchased from:
North Tyneside Industrial Estate,
Tel: 0191 2701449
Opening Times: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Alternatively you can purchase directly from their website at www.emblematic.co.uk.