Highlighted text in the uniform policy for 23-24 shows amendments and changes from the previous policy.
School Uniform & PE Kit
School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school and sets an appropriate tone. It instils pride, supports positive behaviour and discipline and encourages identity with the school. Uniform can also be useful to protect children from social pressures to dress in a particular way.
It is school policy that all students must wear school uniform in Years 7 to 11. Please ensure you follow the school uniform guidelines below:
- School Blazer with Badge
- (Optional - Plain black V neck jumper)
- Plain white shirt with collar
- Black trousers or black skirt, underwear should not be visible
- Black or white socks or black tights
- Black shoes, this can include all black trainers with no white markings or logos, low heeled black shoes and flat black ankle boots
- Striped clip on tie, this will be matched to the students house
The following Sports and Physical Education Kit is required.
Compulsory items to be purchased:
- Black and blue polo shirt with school badge
- Black and blue shorts, tracksuit bottoms or running leggings
- Training shoes
- Football boots (recommended if involved in football)
Optional items available to purchase:
- Black and blue hooded top with school badge
- Black and blue splash top
- Black baselayer top
- Black and blue socks
Any tracksuits worn must be black.
Students without correct uniform will be lent the required items by the school. They are expected to comply with this and return the items at the end of the school day. Students refusing to borrow the required clothing may not be permitted in lessons and parents will be contacted. In exceptional circumstances, with written communication from home, a student may be permitted to attend lessons with the agreement of their RSL/PM, and on the understanding that uniform will be corrected within a set timeframe.
Blazers and ties should be purchased from:
North Tyneside Industrial Estate,
Tel: 0191 2701449
Opening Times: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
Alternatively you can purchase directly from their website at www.emblematic.co.uk.