What is the 16-19 Bursary Scheme?
The 16 to 19 Bursary Fund provides financial help to young people aged 16 to 19 who face financial barriers to participating in education or training.
Am I eligible?
If you are in Y12-14 in a North Tyneside sixth form in September you could be eligible for up to £1200 per year if you meet one of the criteria below:
- In care
- Left care having been in care for a minimum of 3 months from the age of 14
- In receipt of Income Support (or Universal Credit)
- In receipt of both Employment and Support Allowance (or Universal Credit) and Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
Discretionary bursaries are also available, the amount available depends on individual circumstances. The eligibility criteria for these include:
- Eligible for Free School Meals
- A family in receipt of Tax/Universal Credit
- Families with low household income
How do I apply?
Paper copies of the application are available from Miss Potts in the Post 16 Office.
Applications can also be completed online here