Deputy Headteacher post - September 2020 start
16 January 2020
Longbenton High School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who is passionate and knowledgeable about effective, research-based teaching and learning strategies, and who is fully committed to developing and supporting practices that will drive excellent standards and progress across the full age and ability range of the school.
We are a fully inclusive school, in a wonderful modern building, that is dedicated to both supporting and challenging all members of our diverse community and to develop the potential in all our students, no matter what their starting points are.
This is an exciting time to join us and make your impact in senior leadership. The existing postholder has recently been appointed to lead the school as Headteacher from September 2020. The successful candidate would be joining a hugely committed senior team, where morale is high, and there is a relentless ambition to do the best for our school community.
We are not looking for a specific set of skills or background as there is a broad range of experience in the senior team, although we would expect leadership experience and a track record of positive impact, ideally in more than one school.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are ethical leaders, with values and integrity at the heart of any leadership philosophy and outlook.
- Have excellent communication and people skills alongside emotional intelligence.
- Understand what excellent teaching and learning looks like, can demonstrate this themselves, and develop this in others.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and experience of leading effective school improvement.
- Can interpret and analyse data to help pinpoint areas for development and improvement.
- Are passionate about the transformative power of education, care about young people, and are willing to challenge complacency in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for all learners.
Full details, applicant pack and application form and how to apply here: https://longbenton.org.uk/job-vacancies/deputy-headteacher
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 23rd March 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd April 2020.